Monday, March 16, 2015

Willow Smith Allows for Fashion, But Only If the Fashion Allows for Mountain Climbing

Misfit hero, songwriter, and junior philosopher Willow Smith seems to defy categories. But when asked to describe her aesthetic style, she had a specific category all lined up and ready to go: "High-fashion nomad." In an interview with Billboard, she explains:

High-fashion nomad. I could literally climb a mountain and survive a couple nights in nature. That's a requirement for my clothes because one day I was on the freeway and I saw a mountain, so I literally just pulled over and climbed it. If you're an artist, the way you dress also gives people a vibe of how your music is and your personality.

In sum, requirements of clothing include: suitable for mountaineering, helpful for overnight survival, and able to communicate artistic-vibes reports. Layers implied.

No comments:

Post a Comment